Terms and conditions
General Terms and Conditions
FOR USERS OF THE ONLINE VIDEO PLATFORM Horseriding.Academy powered by KNHS.
Article 1 Applicability of General Terms and Conditions of Use
1. These General Terms and Conditions of Use (hereinafter referred to as: 'Terms and Conditions') have been drawn up by the Royal Dutch Equestrian Sports Federation (hereinafter referred to as KNHS), having its registered office in Ermelo and its place of business at De Beek 125, 3852 PL in Ermelo. Registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 40094448.
2. These Terms and Conditions apply to the use of the video platform Horseriding.Academy powered by KNHS, which is developed by KNHS and operated in cooperation with TradeCast. Users of the platform can download these Terms and Conditions from the website Horseriding.Academy so they can be stored or printed.
3. By using the video platform, the User agrees to these Terms and Conditions, to the Privacy Statement and the cookie statement on Horseriding.Academy as well as to any additional conditions/modifications to ensure the proper functioning of the video platform.
Article 2 Definitions
1. Platform: the online video platform called Horseriding.Academy.
2. User: the natural person who uses the platform.
3. User Agreement: the agreement entered into by creating a user account registration, under agreement with these Terms and Conditions.
4. Partner: the partner of KNHS that has developed the Horseriding.Academy powered by KNHS platform: TradeCast B.V.
5. Peripheral Equipment: the equipment, such as a smartphone or tablet, with which the platform is used, including the operating system.
6. Content: all data (including images and sounds), services, software, files, ideas or other information accessible via the platform.
7. Terms and Conditions: the general terms and conditions of use of the online video platform Horseriding.Academy powered by KNHS.
Article 3 Right of Use of the Platform
1. From the moment of user registration, KNHS grants the User a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable right to use the platform for personal non-commercial use. Any other use requires the prior written consent of KNHS.
2. The user is not permitted to make the platform available to a third party (including the provision of login details), to sell, to rent, to subject to reverse engineering or to adapt the platform without the prior written permission of KNHS. Nor may the User remove or bypass technical provisions intended to protect the platform (or have them removed or bypassed).
3. KNHS has at all times the right to modify the offered functionality of the platform in order to improve or change the functionality and to correct errors, as well as to make updates and upgrades available and/or implement them at its own discretion. In addition, KNHS has the right to remove data, deny further use of the platform and terminate the license, impose restrictions on the use of the platform and/or block access to the platform in whole or in part, temporarily or permanently.
4. KNHS makes every effort to keep the platform functional for the benefit of the User, but it does not guarantee that the platform will always be available in the future and will always function without errors.
Article 4 Registration
1. In order to use the platform, the user must register as a buyer. The data requested, such as name and email address, are required to view videos on the platform.
2. If User is younger than 16 years of age, he/she must have the consent of a parent or legal representative to use the platform. By using the platform, the User guarantees that he/she is 16 years of age or older or has the consent of a parent or legal representative.
Article 5 Equipment and connections
1. The platform only functions with the help of the necessary peripheral equipment and (internet) connections. In order to be able to use the platform, the user must ensure that he or she has the necessary peripheral equipment and connections at his or her disposal.
2. In order to prevent abuse and/or malfunctions and other problems, the User must ensure that the peripheral equipment and connections are sufficiently protected, for example against unauthorized use by third parties and viruses.
3. User guarantees that the used peripheral equipment and connections do not cause damage to KNHS and/or Partners or third parties, in that case that no rights of KNHS, the Partners and/or third parties are harmed as a result.
4. KNHS is not liable for any damage or costs as a result of his/her peripheral equipment or connections, including - but not limited to - damage as a result of non-delivery, delay, manipulation or interception of the delivery of electronic messages and/or the functionalities of the platform or the otherwise incorrect functioning of the platform and resulting damage.
Article 6 Privacy and cookies
When processing personal data, Horseriding.Academy powered by KNHS complies with the applicable regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Telecommunications Act. The way in which Horseriding.Academy powered by KNHS handles the personal data of users is described in the privacy statement and the cookie statement on Horseriding.Academy.
Article 7 Intellectual property
The platform and its contents, the data contained therein, images, sounds, texts and combinations thereof and other software are protected by copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights. These rights belong exclusively to Horseriding.Academy powered by KNHS or its licensors. Without the prior written permission of KNHS, it is not permitted to copy any part/Content of the platform or to disclose, exploit or use it in any other way in (un)edited form.
Article 8 Liability
1. KNHS cannot guarantee that the platform will function at all times and without failure. KNHS reserves the right to (temporarily) decommission the platform in whole or in part in connection with the performance of maintenance or modification work.
2. Despite the continuous care and attention paid to the composition of the platform, KNHS cannot guarantee the completeness, correctness or continuous actuality of the Content. KNHS accepts no liability for any direct or indirect damage, of any nature whatsoever, arising from or in any way connected with the use of the platform/content, (in)accessibility of or errors in the platform or the made available Content, software, downloads or other data files, and products and services purchased via the platform or otherwise.
3. KNHS is not liable for the availability of (mobile) internet and/or the operation of the Peripheral Equipment used by the User.
4. The above exclusions of liability of KNHS also apply to all third parties engaged by KNHS.
Article 9 Termination of use
1. KNHS is entitled to block access to an account or to permanently exclude a user from further use of the platform.
2. KNHS is at all times authorized to change the Content of the platform.
Article 10 Use of third-party equipment and software
The use of equipment and software of third parties, which may be required to use and/or visit Horseriding.Academy powered by KNHS, is subject to the conditions (of use) applicable to these third parties. The user himself is responsible for observing the (user) conditions applicable to third parties. The terms (of use) of Apple and Google, among others, may apply when the platform is used.
Article 11 Applicable law and competent court
These Terms and Conditions, the use of the platform and all resulting or related disputes shall be governed exclusively by Dutch law.
Article 12 Licence points
Instructors can earn 50 license points per master class followed. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating License Points when you have purchased the master class.
Terms and conditions of sale
1. These terms and conditions apply to every offer made to the buyer through Horseriding.Academy.
2. The provisions of these terms and conditions can only be deviated from explicitly and in writing. If and insofar as what the parties have explicitly agreed in writing deviates from the provisions of these terms and conditions, what the parties have explicitly agreed in writing will apply.
3. Annulment or nullity of one or more of the provisions of these terms and conditions or the agreement as such shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
In such a case, the parties are obliged to consult with each other in order to make a replacement arrangement with regard to the clause in question. In doing so, the purpose and intent of the original provision shall be taken into consideration as much as possible.
Offer and formation of agreements
The buyer cannot derive any rights from an offer made by Horseriding.Academy that contains an obvious error or mistake.
If the buyer is not satisfied with the content of the master class, we find that very regrettable. However, it is not possible to receive a return of the amount paid for the master class.
The purchase of the master class is possible via Bancontant, iDeal, Apple Pay or Credit Card. The payment for the master class is a one-time payment.
After payment of the amount for the master class, the buyer will get immediate access to the master class purchased by the buyer on Horseriding.Academy.
Retention of title
All content on Horseriding.Academy remains the property of Horseriding.Academy and the buyer is not allowed to share or sell this content in any way.
Horseriding.Academy is not obliged to fulfill any obligation under the agreement if and as long as it is hindered to do so by a circumstance that cannot be attributed to him by law, a legal act or generally accepted views.
1. For KNHS members there is a special member discount on the purchase of a master class. This discount is personal and can under no circumstances be sold or transferred to anyone else.
2. The buyer cannot exchange the discount on Horseriding.Academy for money.
3. A discount is not valid in combination with other promotions.
Description of use
The content of the platform Horseriding.Academy is exclusively intended for personal and non-commercial use by the buyer. With the purchase of the master class, Horseriding.Academy grants the buyer a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to gain unlimited access to the content of Horseriding.Academy. The buyer agrees not to use the service for public performances.
Account, password and security
It is not permitted to use someone else's account or to provide a username and password to others to access an account. The Buyer is fully responsible for all activities that occur under the password and account and it is the Buyer's responsibility to ensure that the password remains confidential and secure. The buyer agrees to immediately notify Horseriding.Academy of any unauthorized use of the password or account or any other breach of security.